PASTA WITH TOMATO,MOZZARELLA,OLIVES AND CAPERS SAUCE


This is my husband's favourite pasta dish and I'm quite lucky, 'cause it is very easy and quick to prepare! I usually find most of the Italian ingredients I need in Waitrose, but special pasta like Paccheri is not easy to find. You can try Harrods, Partrige (Duke of York sq) or another Italian Delicatessen shop. Otherwise I order online.  


Ingredients for 4 people:

320 g pasta (my favourite for this dish is Paccheri, but also Penne or Fusilli are fine)
300 g Tomato Passata
2 or 3 tbs Black olives (I always use Kalamata olives)
2 or 3 tbs Capers
400 g Mozzarella (for me the best is Santa Lucia Galbani)
Basil
For the soffritto: a slice of onion and a small piece of carrot and celery (but you can use only the onion)
Olive oil
Salt and pepper
Chilli (optional)
2 tbs grated Parmesan

Heat the oven to 170°C.
While the pasta is cooking, fry lightly some onion, carrot,celery (finely chopped - I use the food processor) and chilli (optional) in olive oil. Add the passata, salt, pepper, basil, olives and capers. Let it simmer for a few minutes. Cut the mozzarella into small pieces. Cook the pasta 3 minutes less than what advised on the package; drain it and put it in the sauce pan. Mix well, adding half of the mozzarella, then put in an oven dish. Add the remaining mozzarella on top and sprinkle generously with parmesan. Cook for about 15 minutes or until the mozzarella is golden.

Comments

Popular Posts