CINNAMON BISCUITS



Sorry for my absence, but I've been vey busy...baking!!! In the past days I've made quite a lot of Christmas cookies as I wanted to give  little gifts  to my friends. These kind of present is very cheap but...it took me ages to make them all and to decorate these ones in particular!So I really made them with my heart. The icing requires a lot, but really a lot of patience, so don't do it if you're in a hurry. And it takes several hours (a night) to set.
So this is the recipe. On half of them I've just sprinkled some icing sugar on the top and they were equally good. I love cinnamon and its scent and after I've baked these biscuits you could smell them from outside the building!

Ingredients for about 60 biscuits

400 g plain flour
200 g softened butter
200 g sugar
2 egg yolks
2 teaspoons of  cocoa powder
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
2 teaspoons of baking powder
4 tablespoons of milk

For the Icing:

80 g icing sugar
2 tablespoons of water

In a bowl mix the softened butter with the sugar. Add the egg yolks, the milk, the flour, the baking powder, the cocoa powder and the cinnamon. Work the dough until it just holds together. Wrap it in cling film and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 1/2 hour.

On a lightly floured board roll the pastry dough to a 3 mm thickness.Cut the biscuits with cookie cutters and put them properly spaced on a baking tray lined with baking paper.

Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° for about 10 minutes, or until golden; do not overcook, as they will become too hard, it’s better to take them out of the oven when they are still soft.

At this point, when cold, sprinkle some icing sugar on the top.

Otherwise, if you want to decorate with the icing, just mix well icing sugar and water, pour the mixture on the top of the biscuits and spread it helping yourself with a teaspoon and a toothpick. If you like, you can add some sugar balls on the wet icing. Let the biscuits to cool for a few hours before serving.

Comments

Popular Posts