MY CHRISTMAS BISCUITS



This is another of my own creations, so they've become MY Christmas cookies!. I've made these plain pastry biscuits and I needed an idea, something to make them special. So I decided to dip them into melted dark chocolate... and this is the result. They are now my favourite!!!

Ingredients for about 60 biscuits:

400 g of plain flour
200 g of butter
180 g of sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons of baking powder
2 teapoons vanilla extract
a pinch of salt
100 g of dark chocolate

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. 

Cream the butter and the sugar, then add the egg and the vanilla extract; mix well then add the flour, the baking powder and the pinch of salt.

On a lightly floured board roll the pastry dough to a 3 mm thickness.Cut the biscuits with cookie cutters and put them properly spaced on a baking tray lined with baking paper.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes - edges should just be golden brown when done.

While the cookies are in the oven, put the chocolate in a bowl and put on top of a pan with some boiling water. When the chocolate has melted, dip the cold biscuits, then let the chocolate dry for a couple of hours. I've added a picture to show you how I've managed to do it.
And now...enjoy them!!!







Comments

Popular Posts