PEAR, WALNUT AND CHEESE SALAD IN PARMESAN NESTS


Today we had friends for lunch, and as they are a vegetarian family, I decided to make this salad as a starter. I served it in Parmesan nests, but it is delicious also on its own. I love it, this is one of my favourite starters.

Ingredients for 4 people:

70 g lambs lettuce
100 g Gorgonzola cheese ( I used the Gorgonzola piccante DOP from Waitrose but you can use Roquefort, Goat's cheese or Brie or whatever cheese you like)
50 g organic walnut pieces
1 and 1/2 pear ( I've used Rocha pears)
Extra Virgin olive Oil
Balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper

Wash the lettuce, then put it in a bowl. Peel and cut the pear in small chunks and add it to the salad. Then cut the cheese into small pieces and add it to the rest together with the walnut pieces. Now add some salt and pepper, a few drops of Balsamic vinegar (if you don't like it you can use lemon juice) and a few spoons of olive oil. Serve in Parmesan nests ( you can find the step by step recipe on this blog)or on its own accompanied by some bread.

Comments

Popular Posts