SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA SAUCE







Hello....I'm finally back after a very long absence....I've spent a beautiful and relaxing holiday in Italy where I've never had to shop, cook, clean or wash the dishes...and this is what I call the PERFECT holiday!!!!!
But now I'm back and looking forward to posting some new recipes. Yesterday we had friends over for lunch and as there were 3 kids I decided to make this Spaghetti as a main course, as usually children love tuna. So, here's the recipe!!!!It took me less than 30 minutes to make it.

Ingredients for 4 people:

350 g spaghetti ( I usually buy De Cecco spaghetti)
400 g cherry tomatoes (or tinned chooped tomatoes)
500 g fresh tuna
20 pitted Kalamata olives (optional)
2 tablespoons of capers (optional)
1/2 onion
1/2 glass white wine (optional)
a pinch of chilli (optional)
salt
Parsley for decoration
Olive oil


Cut the tuna into small chunks.

In a large frying pan, slightly fry the chilli and the chopped onion with some olive oil.

Add the tuna and cook it for about two minutes. At this point you should add the white wine, but if you cook for the kids, skip this part.

Now add the tomatoes, salt and cover. After a while, add the olives and the capers. Then cook for about ten minutes.

In the meantime bring some salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti al dente( I usually turn the oven timer on, so I know exactly when they're ready).

When ready, drain the spaghetti and put them in the pan with the sauce.

Add some olive oil and  mix well. Now serve with a bit of chopped parsley on top.

Comments

Popular Posts