TAGLIOLINI WITH SAN DANIELE HAM


I had to post this recipe, as this is the typical dish of my native town! San Daniele ham is like Parma ham, but it tastes a bit sweeter and the quality is supposed to be better. I could find some at the local supermarket but I usually bring it from Italy. This recipe is delicious and very easy to make... unfortunately it's not "light", but best foods never are!!!!!!



250 g Tagliolini pasta ( it's like tagliatelle but thinner-I usually buy De Cecco)
250 ml single cream
200 g San Daniele ham (chopped)
4 slices San Daniele ham
30 g butter
Parmesan
poppy seeds for decoration

Cook the tagliolini following the instructions on the package.

While they're cooking, chop the ham, then slightly cook in a pan where the butter has melted.

Add the cream, and when hot add the Parmesan cheese  and mix.

Drain the Tagliolini and put them in the sauce pan mixing well.

Serve with a slice of ham and some poppy seeds on the top.

Comments

Popular Posts