NUTELLA BISCUITS




I love Nutella ( who doesn't?) and for me, this is something to die for. Yesterday I had dinner with Nutella biscuits. And today breakfast and ... oops, I think I have to make them again soon. Enjoy!



Ingredients for about 25 biscuits:

170 g self-raising flour
50 g ground hazelnut (I used almond); you can buy whole hazelnuts/almonds and then grind them using the food processor
85 g sugar
90 g butter
1 large egg
100 gr di Nutella
Icing sugar for decoration


In a bowl mix the flour and the ground hazelnuts/almonds with the sugar. Add the egg, the softened butter and work the dough until it just holds together. Wrap it in cling film and let it rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes (when I'm in a hurry I put in the freezer for 10-15 minutes).

On a lightly floured board roll the pastry dough to a 3 mm thickness. Cut the biscuits with a rounded cookie cutter and put them properly spaced on a baking try lined with baking paper. Now use a smaller rounded cutter ( I used the nozzle of the  pastry bag!) to make a small indentation in the middle of half of the biscuits.

Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° for about 10 minutes, or until golden; do not overcook, as they will become too hard, it’s better to take them out of the oven when they are still soft. Sprinkle the holed cookies with icing sugar. Drop a generous amount of Nutella on the un-holed ones and spread it. Basically, the two biscuits form a 'sandwich', with the holed biscuit on top. And now.... enjoy them!

Comments

Popular Posts