TUNA MEATBALLS



Yesterday I went to pick up Niccolo' from nursery half an hour earlier, convinced it would have been a nice surprise. But when he saw me he said: "Oh, no mummy, I don't want to go home, I want to play more!". I was obviously happy, because this means he likes the nursery (I was so worried he didn't!). But at the same time it made me sad, because I realized how much he's grown, he's not my little baby anymore. But what can you do? That's  life!!!
Now, to change the subject: these meatballs have been a real surprise. Easy to make and very very tasty. They disappeared in a few minutes. My children loved them.

Ingredients for about 10 tuna meatballs:

200 g tuna ( I prefer to use fresh tuna but you can use the tinned one)
3 slices of bread
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 free-range egg
Salt and pepper
Vegetable oil (for frying)
Breadcrumbs (to coat)


Soak the bread in water. Set aside.

Cook the fish in a bain-marie and when cooked , flake the fish into small chunks.

In a bowl, mix together the parsley, the minced fish, and the Parmesan.

Break in the egg and mix in. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Drain the soaked bread and mix into the mixture.

Shape the mixture into 8-10 patties, depending on how large you want them to be; heat some vegetable oil in a frying pan and heat the fish meatballs until golden brown on each side and heated right through.

Serve with a mixed salad.






Comments

Popular Posts