BRIE AND WALNUTS GNOCCHI



I made this gnocchi last sunday for lunch. I was in a hurry and my fridge was half empty...I found Brie, I always keep walnuts for cakes...and I always keep Gnocchi for my children, who love them. I usually buy the De Cecco ones, that for me are the best you can find here. If you want, you can use Gongorzola cheese instead of Brie; it tastes even better!
So...this is the recipe. QUICK AND EASY!



Ingredients for 4 people:

500 g Gnocchi
200 g Brie
50 g  organic walnuts (buy the most expensive, as the cheap ones usually have a very bitter taste)
3 tablespoons of milk
salt
nutmeg


Place the walnuts in a bowl of boiling water for a few minutes.

In the meantime cut the Brie into pieces and put them in a saucepan adding the milk . Make it melt on a low heat. Chop the walnuts and add them to the sauce (but keep some of them for the decoration). In the meantime cook the Gnocchi (or the pasta if you prefer) in salty boiling water, then drain them and put them in the saucepan. Add some grated nutmeg and mix well. Serve decorating with some walnut pieces.

Comments

Popular Posts